M&K Solicitors Limited (Birmingham)
We are a high street firm based in Luton & Birmingham. An exciting opportunity has arisen within our growing firm. We are currently looking to recruit an Immigration Solicitor that has skills to also manage our newly established branch in Birmingham.
As a Solicitor you will have a wide range of management and administration responsibilities at a law firm with the overall purpose of ensuring the smooth day to day running of the legal office.
You will be supervised by the Directors of the company, and will also have supervisory responsibilities for support staff including secretaries, financial administrators and reception staff.
Key Responsibilities and Duties include:
• Expected to manage your own workload which will include providing accurate and practical advice to clients on all aspects of the UK immigration, nationality law, asylum and points based system.
• Preparing of types of immigration applications both within and outside the points Based System, Entry Clearance applications and Further Leave to Remain applications.
• Preparing bespoke submission instructions to assist clients filing applications at Entry Clearance Posts overseas or Public enquiry Offices in the UK.
• Liaising with UKBA over the telephone and keeping clients informed of the progress of their application.
• Preparing appeal and grounds to tribunal
• Keeping up to date on changes to UKBA policies and procedures and cascading knowledge as appropriate.
• Attending court, tribunal hearings and bail applications
• File management and billing administration.
Person Specification – experience and attributes required:
• Educated to degree level, preferably in Law and having preferably obtained a 2:1 or above although all applications will be considered.0
• 3 years PQE required working in an immigration dept.
• A broad range of previous high quality immigration practice experience is essential
• Excellent communication both written and verbal – the role involves liaison with internal and external people at a senior level.
• A self-starter, able to demonstrate high levels of initiative and motivation, but also work closely with other team members and displaying trust and loyalty.
If you are interested please forward your CV to email@example.com