M&K Solicitors are experts in the representation of those injured as a result of negligent medical or dental treatment.
We only act on behalf of patients. We do not represent doctors, nurses, midwives, clinics, dentists, hospitals or any provider of medical services.
Suffering from a medical condition or requiring any form of medical treatment is a stressful time for a patient and for their family members. When things go wrong, particularly if there has been negligent care provided to the patient, this can lead to devastating consequences for all concerned.
M&K Solicitors represent patients in claims for negligent medical treatment against the NHS, private hospitals, GP surgeries, dentists, plastic surgery centres, and care homes.
Our aim is to ensure that we, on behalf of the injured patient (or the family), obtain the highest possible levels of compensation for injuries and financial losses arising as a result of negligent medical treatment.
These are some of the claims relating to negligent medical treatment that we typically handle for our clients:
- Birth injury claims
- Cerebral palsy
- Surgical negligence/mistakes made during surgical procedures
- Delay in referral
- Delay in treatment
- Failure to diagnose / incorrect diagnosis / delay in diagnosis
- Errors in reading and incorrect interpretation of x-rays, MRI, CT, and ultra sound scans
- Dental Negligence
- Administration of incorrect drugs
- Failure to obtain your consent to treatment
- Failure to warn of risks of treatment
- Untreated/mistreated infections
- Amputation due to medical error
- Negligent plastic surgery procedures
- Claims arising from plastic surgery travel packages
In order to succeed in a claim for clinical negligence the injured patient must prove that the defendant owed a duty of care to them and:
- That the defendant were negligent in the care provided: that is, that that care that the patient received fell below medically acceptable standards; and
- That the negligent act has directly caused or significantly contributed to the injury (“causation”)
To put this into simple terms, if the defendant acted in a way which was at a standard that would be accepted as reasonable by a body of medical professionals then the claim will not succeed. This is known as establishing “breach of duty”.
Where breach of duty is established, the patient must then prove that he/she has suffered a direct injury arising as a result of the negligent act(s), rather than by any other cause. Compensation will only be paid if an injury was caused (or significantly contributed to) by the negligent act, and that injury would not have arisen but for that negligent act. If the outcome was no different notwithstanding the negligence, then no compensation is payable.
At M&K Solicitors we work closely with a team of medical experts to ensure the best possible outcome to your case, both in terms of establishing that there has been a breach of duty of care and in providing medical evidence to establish that injuries were suffered as a result of that breach of duty.
If you are injured as a result of negligent medical treatment, then you have a period of three years from the date that you first became aware that you had suffered a significant injury as a result of the negligent medical treatment
If you are a child who has been injured as a result of medical negligence then the claim is not subject to the usual three year time limit and he/she can bring a claim any time up until three years after their 18th birthday (although the bringing of the claim should not be delayed).
Why should you chose M&K Solicitors to act on your behalf in your claim arising from negligent medical or dental treatment?
- Being injured due to negligent medical treatment in highly traumatic to many patients and to their families. The recovery of, and care for, the injured patient is and must remain the priority. M&K Solicitors will do everything possible to ensure that the claims process does not add to the stress experienced, and that any required medical care and rehabilitation is provided as quickly as possible. At all times you will be treated with compassion and understanding
- Our highly skilled clinical and dental negligent solicitors ensure that their clients receive the highest possible levels of compensation for the injuries and financial losses which they have (or will) suffer as a result of the negligence of others
- We develop close relations with our clients and are there to help and advise at all times
- At all times we seek to provide a highly efficient and prompt service;
- Mobile and office telephone numbers are provided for the fee earner representing you to ensure that you are able to make contact whenever you need to;
- We only represent the injured and do not act for insurance companies or defendants;
- We are able to offer “no win no fee” agreements;
- We are able to provide access to rehabilitation and medical care where required to assist in the speedy recovery from injuries and return to the highest possible level of function;
- We obtain interim payments to ease the immediate financial impact of an injury;
- We have the experience and knowledge to ensure the best possible outcome to your case.
- If you have suffered an injury caused by negligent medical or dental treatment contact M&K Solicitors for a consultation today