An industrial disease is a condition or illness caused by exposure to dangerous substances or unsafe conditions in the workplace.
M&K Solicitors have extensive experience in bringing claims on behalf of those injured as a result of exposure to dangerous substances or unsafe conditions in the workplace.
We do not represent employers.
Our aim is to ensure that we, on behalf of the injured employee, obtain the highest possible levels of compensation for injuries and financial losses arising as a result of exposure to dangerous substances or unsafe conditions in the workplace.
We represent employees who have suffered injury as a result:
- Exposure to harmful substances including (but not limited to) chemicals, asbestos, dust and latex
- Repetitive workon production lines and other work environments
- Repetitive manual handling leading to back injury
- Use of vibratory tools
- Repeated consistent exposure to excessive noise
We act on behalf of clients who have sustained a range of accumulated injuries as a result of their work including but not limited to:
- Musculoskeletal injuries including back pain
- Work related lung disease including silicosis, asthma, asbestosis and mesothelioma
- Repetitive strain injury
- Damage to muscles/tendons
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Vibration white finger/Reynaud’s Syndrome
- Skin disease/dermatitis
- Fatalities, where we act on behalf of the families of those that, unfortunately, have died as a result of fatal conditions contracted by their work.
- Other “accumulative” injuries which have occurred due to work
We obtain compensation for our clients for the injuries suffered and also for the financial losses arising as a result of medical conditions contracted as a result of their system of work or exposure to dangerous substances.
Financial losses typically include loss of earnings, loss of pension, the cost of care, travel, medication, and the cost of medical treatment and rehabilitation (both past and future).
In fatal cases, the financial losses will include funeral costs and a claim for “loss of dependency”.
Why should you chose M&K Solicitors to act on your behalf in your claim arising from your system of work or exposure to dangerous substances?
- Contracting a medical condition as a result of an occupation can be very traumatic for the injured person and also to their families. M&K Solicitors will do everything possible to ensure that the claims process does not add to the stress experienced, and that any required medical care and rehabilitation is provided as quickly as possible.
- Our highly skilled personal injury solicitors ensure that their clients receive the highest possible levels of compensation for the injuries and financial losses which they have (or will) suffer as a result of an accident at work;
- We develop close relations with our clients and are there to help and advise at all times;
- Mobile and office telephone numbers are provided for the fee earner representing you to ensure that you are able to make contact whenever you need to.
- At all times we seek to provide a highly efficient and prompt service;
- We do not act for insurance companies or employers;
- We are able to offer “no win no fee” agreements;
- We are able to provide access to rehabilitation and medical care where required to assist in the speedy recovery from injuries and return to the highest possible level of function;
- We obtain interim payments to ease the immediate financial impact of an injury;
- We have the experience and knowledge to ensure the best possible outcome to your case.
If you have been injured due to the nature of your work or exposure to dangerous substances, contact M&K Solicitors for a consultation today.